And God Said “Thus Thou Shall You Repay Me”

(A small foreword before you read this - Some of the best things can be understood from some of the smallest and routine acts we do in our daily lives - like brushing, bathing etc., and this PROSEM {Prose-cum-Poem}is written based on such daily acts performed universally by every human)

Every day a man wakes up from the bed
To run for his daily bread and to fulfill his need and greed
He goes to brush; he pays for the paste which is manmade
But he pays not for the water that he needed to wash
He goes to relieve himself; he paid for the commode which is manmade
But he pays not for the water that he and the commode needed
He takes bath to cleanse his body; He paid for the soap which is manmade
But he pays not for the water that the soap needed to clean him
He lights the stove to cook his food; he paid for the stove and the gas
But he pays not for the fire that cooked his food
He takes his breakfast/lunch/dinner; he paid for the bread and the butter
But he pays not for the water that he drank after eating
He goes to office in a car/bike/cycle; he toiled day and night to pay for them
But he pays not for the air that filled the tubes to move his ‘rich’ vehicle
After a tiring day, he goes to rest; he paid for the cot, the mattress and the blanket
But he pays not for the Sleep that gave him the much needed relief
I told God “Especially when a man charges another man for everything”; and
I asked God “Why are you so kind to us?”; and again
I asked God “Why don’t you charge us humans for all such precious things?”
God replied “My creations are the best including you”
God asked “How Am I God if I too charged you?”
God stressed again “Even if I charged you, what will you pay me? Show me one thing that is yours”
I realized I owned zilch, 
Heart replete with gratitude and eyes moist with tears,
I asked God “Then how do we repay you for all that we receive from you?”
God said “Always take my name and do not forget me”; and
God said “Cheat not another fellow being”; and
God said “Serve without expectations”; and
God said “Help others, hurt none”; and
God said “Spread love and cheer not hatred and sorrow”; and finally
God said “Thus Thou shall you repay me”
I thanked God again for showing me the path; to repay Him
I decided to walk that path
The path that is straight and flowery
The road that is ultimate and less crowded.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sai Baba of Shirdi – God or Guru or both

A golden Silver Jubilee Meet of BITS85BATCH

Movie Review – Yevade Subramanyam(Telugu)