Demise of the good old Telegram

Telegram is gone and forever. I am closely associated with it primarily because my father served as Telegraph Master at Buckinghampet TO, Vijayawada and then at CTO, Abids, Hyderabad before getting into the profession of law as an advocate. I used to hear lot of stories as to how they delivered the telegrams especially those related to death at the doorstep of the recipient. Most of the times, a telegram was always dreaded. The first telegram which I received was when I got selected in the APRJC entrance in 1983. Though one could have used telegram for sending different messages, it was mostly used to send messages like- 'start immediately', 'father/mother no more', 'xyz hospitalised' etc. RIP my dear TELEGRAM. You did your bit in the evolution of human communication. You will never be forgotten. By the way, are you going to take the postal letter also with you in the near future?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sai Baba of Shirdi – God or Guru or both

A golden Silver Jubilee Meet of BITS85BATCH

Movie Review – Yevade Subramanyam(Telugu)