Brzail Dairy - Day 6

16-05-06

This day, my host was to drop at Mr.Serau’s house and we started off at around 9.00 am. On the way, Ricardo cracked some jokes which I loved. He shows me a cemetery (which I later realized) and says ‘I will live in there in the future’ and immediately adds ‘but, you know I am not in a hurry’. When I realized that he was talking about the cemetery, I couldn’t help appreciating his way of approaching life.

The next was another joke. Three people were asked what they would like to be known as on their way to the cemetery. The first one says” I would like to be known as a good husband when I die”. The second one says” I would like to be known as a good boss to my sub ordinates”. It is the turn of the third and he says” I would like people to say ‘hey! Look, he is alive, he is alive’ “.

The teams' visit today was to the Butanta which is a botanical garden where we saw the most poisonous snakes of the Amazon area. The most famous is the Jiboia which grows to a maximum length of 13 feet. The rattle snake is known as the Cascavel and the Brazilian wives call their unfriendly mothers-in-law by that name. I realized that which ever part of the world you go, the basics remain the same. The park was the brain child of Mr.Vital Brazil(1879-1954) who founded Instituto Butanta and also discovered the anti-snake serums and developed production of the same.

We visited the micro-biology lab here and later saw a video titled ‘Dangerous Friends and Friendly Enemies’. I loved the title so much as we come across so many characters daily in our lives in tune with this title. Only thing is, we cannot distinguish between the both due to our own inadequacies.

The lunch was at Delhi Palace which as the name suggests is an Indian restaurant. I had Bohemia brand beer and it tasted good. Though the restaurant is Indian, the food was cooked in Brazilian style without the usual Indian pepper and salt and I did not enjoy the food here, neither did any of the team-members. We met here the Vice-President of Mahindra and Mahindra who came on a overseas mission to market Scorpio in Brazil. Yes, I could make out that India is on the threshold of making it the top position in every field. I wished the VP good luck, exchanged cards and left the place.

The next halt was at the Governor’s Palace where our guide was Ms.Ana Carolina whose father is a Japanese. She was the smartest lady I met till then in Brazil with excellent communication skills and high confidence levels. While showing us around the place, she made a remark which I am reproducing here verbatim “politicians and rich people do not stay in jail”. Can you make out the depth of the statement? The palace had a museum where the dinner plates used by King Pedro II and other earlier governors were stored. The hall from where the Governor addressed the state and where he hosted parties for visiting dignitaries was so huge. We had pictures there. She explained to us the hidden meaning of Sao Paulo flag in the most impressive English that a Brazilian could speak. There was a movement once to separate Sao Paulo from Brazil and make it an independent state. The flag was made at that time and the colors in the flag stand for‘the white and the black symbolized the people and also day and night, the four stars –the four directions and red –blood. The meaning of the flag was very good ‘whether it is the black people or the white and whether it is night or day, they are united from the four corners of Sao Paulo to shed their blood to keep Sao Paulo as part of Brazil’. So, there are always separatist movements every where in the globe at any point of time, but it is such camaraderie that wins. What about our own Telangana now?

From here, we went to the Morimbi stadium that can accommodate 70000 people. The stadium was so good that it kindles the interest in anyone to play ‘Futebol” at least once in a life time.

The dinner was at RC of Tatupe and again Ricardo was at his wits-end. When leaving the place some elderly person joked with him saying that he is a play boy. Some others would have got wild and fumed, but Ricardo liked it and instantaneously responded by saying in a very jovial manner “I like two kinds of women, one- my own and the other- others’“ making everyone present there burst into peels of laughter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sai Baba of Shirdi – God or Guru or both

A golden Silver Jubilee Meet of BITS85BATCH

Movie Review – Yevade Subramanyam(Telugu)