An exemplary leader - Madam Medha Patkar

Here is one personal experience that increased my respect manifold for Ms. Medha Patkar. Around the same time and date 6 months ago, when a close friend of mine from AP who is a senior politician with a national party wanted me get in touch with her on his behalf to bring to her notice the concerns of a few farmers in the newly planned capital, I called her on 5th November 2014 but there was no answer. So I sent a SMS and she immediately texted back asking me to call the next day (6th November) at 9.30 am. As I was eagerly waiting for the clock to tick 9.30 on the next day so that I could speak to someone whom I really appreciated for her contribution to 'social activism', my phone rang at 9.26 am and the call was from Madam. I was very touched by her kindness and commitment to talk to me at the anointed time. I spoke to her at length and explained the issues at hand. Recently she visited AP and met the farmers there, which was widely reported in national and regional media. The subject matter of my post is to ask 
1) How many of our elected representatives and leaders do we have in this country who respond to phone calls from unknown persons in this manner and give them a hearing?
2) How many voters have the mobile number of ministers, MPs and MLAs of their constituency?
3) Even if we had the number, would they answer our phone call at all? 
4) All their facilities are at public cost but the public don't get access to them so easily. Why?
I wish all our leaders take a cue from her and be accessible to common man instead of feeling great about their selves after getting elected.
Thank you Medha ji. Thanks also to my politician friend from AP for getting me to speak to her. India is lucky to have a daughter like Medha Patkar.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sai Baba of Shirdi – God or Guru or both

Movie Review – Yevade Subramanyam(Telugu)

A golden Silver Jubilee Meet of BITS85BATCH