The Stomach Is Angry With 'People' At The Top

One day I found the stomach to be very angry but he was feeling helpless as he had no way to subside his anger. I asked the stomach “As far as one knows, you as a stomach can only feel hungry, not angry. This is unnatural. In any case, what is the reason for your anger?” Hearing me, he started narrating his troubles. Here it is, in his own words:

Basically I am angry with the people at the top. They are so merciless and also foolish at times. They have all the powers and senses given by God, but they use it irrationally without thinking about an individual like me below them.

Firstly take the case of eyes. God has given them the power to see and enjoy. But they just don’t stop at that. They want to consume everything that comes in their view. They immediately convey to the mind about it.

Secondly, take the case of the nose. It has the power of smell. It can smell everything and anything that is getting cooked and can feel the aroma of the food from far-off. It loses its self-control especially when it smells a Hyderabadi biryani or Andhra fish curry and immediately sends a signal to the mind to hog as much as possible.

Thirdly, take the case of the ears. They have the power to hear. Whenever they hear any news related to food, they quickly send an SMS to the mouth through the mind and the mouth starts watering. I do not understand how the mouth suddenly starts flooding even at times when I was thirsting for water.

Fourthly, take the case of teeth. Though they are attached strongly to the gums in the mouth and all 32 teeth are good neighbors,but philosophically they are the most detached souls. They are mercenary-like. Anything you put in the mouth, their work is to just crack, chew and break them into pieces and dump into me. I am sometimes thankful to them, because they reduce my burden by sending in broken stuff. Otherwise, I would have had to overwork.

Last but not the least, the tongue which has no control on itself, passes various comments on the food, saying “I love this stuff”, “oh! This is great”, etc., thereby dumping more into me least realizing how much I was going to be troubled.  

Though I am the only one who has to accommodate all that is eaten, or rather dumped, I have no say in anything that happens at the top. I have no enjoyment whatsoever. Some people overload while some starve me. There are some others who go on hunger strike at the drop of a hat especially the anti-corruption heroes and I am the final sufferer in all this.

There are very few people who use my space properly without falling prey to the top bosses namely the eyes, the ears, the tongue and the mouth. There are others, who dump a lot of stuff but take the time to burn some of it by exercising and reducing my stress. There are some others who consume abnormal quantities of liquor that my neighbor, the liver, keeps crying inconsolably. I just pity him whenever I hear his loud cries. How can I help him when I have my own problems?

Of course, there are some who treat me with respect and give me stuff only as much as I need. I give them long and healthy life.

I asked myself “When will I be able to lead an independent and peaceful life?” and I did not find any satisfactory answer and that is the reason for my anger said the stomach to me.

“Do you have any answers?” he asked me and I simply suggested to him to “be happy with the few people who are treating you properly instead of bothering about others who are abusing you listening only to ‘people’ at the top”.

The conversation with stomach left me in deep contemplation and made me relate her woes to similar sufferings in the political and corporate world. The governments/parties prefer to listen only to the big business houses and the rich. They are not bothered about people BPL. Same way,some Corporate bodies listen to the top, the boards, and try to drive companies with the motto of ONLY PROFITS least bothering about the ground level reality and long term goals of the organization.

If only the ones at the top heard those below them and worked for their welfare in a balanced manner, every country and organization would progress and have a long and healthy life just as the body would if the stomach is handled sensitively and properly. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sai Baba of Shirdi – God or Guru or both

A golden Silver Jubilee Meet of BITS85BATCH

Movie Review – Yevade Subramanyam(Telugu)